Political movement

HomeTestCalendarGalleryFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

What does the thirteenth amendment mean to the government

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
killuminati
Admin

PostSubject: What does the thirteenth amendment mean to the government   Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:36 pm

I wonder if the government forgot what the thirteenth amendment

The Thirteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution officially abolished and continues to prohibit slavery, and with limited exceptions, such as those convicted of a crime, prohibits involuntary servitude.

Involuntary Servitude[12]
Refers to a person held by actual force, threats of force, or threats of legal coercion in a condition of slavery ľ compulsory service or labor against his or her will. This also includes the condition in which people are compelled to work against their will by a "climate of fear" evoked by the use of force, the threat of force, or the threat of legal coercion (i.e., suffer legal consequences unless compliant with demands made upon them) which is sufficient to compel service against a person's will. The first U.S. Supreme Court case to uphold the ban against involuntary servitude was Bailey v. Alabama (1911).
Forced Labor[13]
Labor or service obtained by:

* by threats of serious harm or physical restraint;
* by means of any scheme, plan, or pattern intended to cause a person to believe they would suffer serious harm or physical restraint if they did not perform such labor or services:
* by means of the abuse or threatened abuse of law or the legal proces

Admin

PostSubject: Re: What does the thirteenth amendment mean to the government   Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:37 pm

So how exactly can the government force us into the military by means of draft if there is no involuntarily servitude allowed

Maybe there is a trick and thats how all the politicians know how to draft dodge so well?

PostSubject: Re: What does the thirteenth amendment mean to the government   Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:23 am

In their eyes, War>law.
Also, i think you're looking too deep into this. There are better hypocrisies elsewhere.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dawowcow
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What does the thirteenth amendment mean to the government   Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:49 am

In my opinion, you can never look to deep into a Constitutional Amendment/Right. This never has actually come to my attention. And it's right there in plain text. Probably one of the first 3 ways to interpret the law.

PostSubject: Re: What does the thirteenth amendment mean to the government   

Back to top Go down

What does the thirteenth amendment mean to the government
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1