The Anarchist Underground

Political movement
 
HomeTestCalendarGalleryFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 going to church against my will

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Public Enemy

avatar

Posts : 64
Join date : 2008-07-15
Age : 30
Location : Phantom America

PostSubject: Re: going to church against my will   Sun Aug 10, 2008 1:36 am

KenCat wrote:

This may seem like it on paper, but this has not happened once. Really. And besides, Quakers are pacifists.. lol No fighting.
Why would you want one man preaching to you when you could hear everyone's views?

And it's less of sharing philosophical standpoints and more of sharing things that are "needed" to be said.
It's pretty cool.
Well, They must have been awesome people for that to work.
And quite frankly, i preach to myself through reading the word of god, and not a secondhand opinion.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cheveyo
Admin
avatar

Posts : 803
Join date : 2008-07-04
Location : The Divided Police State of Amerika

PostSubject: Re: going to church against my will   Sun Aug 10, 2008 1:37 am

Public Enemy wrote:
KenCat wrote:

This may seem like it on paper, but this has not happened once. Really. And besides, Quakers are pacifists.. lol No fighting.
Why would you want one man preaching to you when you could hear everyone's views?

And it's less of sharing philosophical standpoints and more of sharing things that are "needed" to be said.
It's pretty cool.
Well, They must have been awesome people for that to work.
And quite frankly, i preach to myself through reading the word of god, and not a secondhand opinion.

The Bible IS a secondhand opinion for Christians... Neither God nor Jesus wrote it.
And besides, when a preacher preaches to you, he's giving you HIS secondhand opinion. But in that case, it's only one opinion and most people just accept it.

_________________

'Tis better to die on your feet than to live on your knees.
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible only make violent revolution inevitable"
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.MySpace.com/Carlos758 and www.AnarchistUnderground.co
Public Enemy

avatar

Posts : 64
Join date : 2008-07-15
Age : 30
Location : Phantom America

PostSubject: Re: going to church against my will   Sun Aug 10, 2008 1:49 am

KenCat wrote:
Public Enemy wrote:
KenCat wrote:

This may seem like it on paper, but this has not happened once. Really. And besides, Quakers are pacifists.. lol No fighting.
Why would you want one man preaching to you when you could hear everyone's views?

And it's less of sharing philosophical standpoints and more of sharing things that are "needed" to be said.
It's pretty cool.
Well, They must have been awesome people for that to work.
And quite frankly, i preach to myself through reading the word of god, and not a secondhand opinion.

The Bible IS a secondhand opinion for Christians... Neither God nor Jesus wrote it.
And besides, when a preacher preaches to you, he's giving you HIS secondhand opinion. But in that case, it's only one opinion and most people just accept it.
To believe the bible is to believe that it has the credibility of a firsthand opinion. And i don't need someone to interpret what was blatantly stated in text. But i do see what you say.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cheveyo
Admin
avatar

Posts : 803
Join date : 2008-07-04
Location : The Divided Police State of Amerika

PostSubject: Re: going to church against my will   Sun Aug 10, 2008 1:52 am

Public Enemy wrote:
KenCat wrote:
Public Enemy wrote:
KenCat wrote:

This may seem like it on paper, but this has not happened once. Really. And besides, Quakers are pacifists.. lol No fighting.
Why would you want one man preaching to you when you could hear everyone's views?

And it's less of sharing philosophical standpoints and more of sharing things that are "needed" to be said.
It's pretty cool.
Well, They must have been awesome people for that to work.
And quite frankly, i preach to myself through reading the word of god, and not a secondhand opinion.

The Bible IS a secondhand opinion for Christians... Neither God nor Jesus wrote it.
And besides, when a preacher preaches to you, he's giving you HIS secondhand opinion. But in that case, it's only one opinion and most people just accept it.
To believe the bible is to believe that it has the credibility of a firsthand opinion. And i don't need someone to interpret what was blatantly stated in text. But i do see what you say.

No, I completely get you.. But people call it the "word of God".. Jesus was beyond brilliant, but he didn't write anything. The apostless did, other followers, there were roman letters, etc.
And besides, in a Quaker church, we do not interpret the Bible.

_________________

'Tis better to die on your feet than to live on your knees.
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible only make violent revolution inevitable"
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.MySpace.com/Carlos758 and www.AnarchistUnderground.co
Public Enemy

avatar

Posts : 64
Join date : 2008-07-15
Age : 30
Location : Phantom America

PostSubject: Re: going to church against my will   Sun Aug 10, 2008 1:55 am

This sounds more like an awesome discussion club build upon a religious basis to ensure a serious nature.
Cool. But i wouldn't join it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cheveyo
Admin
avatar

Posts : 803
Join date : 2008-07-04
Location : The Divided Police State of Amerika

PostSubject: Re: going to church against my will   Sun Aug 10, 2008 1:57 am

Public Enemy wrote:
This sounds more like an awesome discussion club build upon a religious basis to ensure a serious nature.
Cool. But i wouldn't join it.

It's not like I'm selling it.. =p
To each his own and freedom of religious expression and thought.

_________________

'Tis better to die on your feet than to live on your knees.
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible only make violent revolution inevitable"
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.MySpace.com/Carlos758 and www.AnarchistUnderground.co
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: going to church against my will   

Back to top Go down
 
going to church against my will
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2
 Similar topics
-
» Frank Marshall Davis: Obama's Communist Mentor on the Catholic Church
» secrett agents in praia da luz church
» POLICE, CATHOLIC CHURCH & STATE COVER UP? TODAY'S NEWS SUGGEST COVER UP TO PROTECT PRIEST SUSPECTED OF ACT OF TERRORISM 38 YEARS AGO
» Hozier- Take Me to Church
» New church of the flying spaghetti monster by Albino and Moles

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Anarchist Underground :: Subversion in Society :: Religion and Spirituality-
Jump to: