The Anarchist Underground

Political movement
 
HomeTestCalendarGalleryFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Public Enemy

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rename
Counter-Revolutionary


Posts : 171
Join date : 2008-07-29

PostSubject: Public Enemy   Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:18 pm

Under Anarchy...what would be done about the insane bloodthirsty Crips/Blood and the other gangs? obviously their not going to just stop because we said so.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Inkus2000
Admin
avatar

Posts : 284
Join date : 2008-07-04

PostSubject: Re: Public Enemy   Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:38 am

Rename wrote:
Under Anarchy...what would be done about the insane bloodthirsty Crips/Blood and the other gangs? obviously their not going to just stop because we said so.

Gang membership is predominantly caused by social alienation. Those marginalized groups at the bottom of the hierarchy feel abandoned by society so they turn to gangs for a sence of fulfillment, belonging and material security. Criminal gangs are consequence of the socio economic inequality caused by capitalism.

It wouldn't be a big problem under anarchism, Im not saying that it would disappear entirely but it would certainly be greatly reduced.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rename
Counter-Revolutionary


Posts : 171
Join date : 2008-07-29

PostSubject: Re: Public Enemy   Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:17 am

Inkus2000 wrote:
Gang membership is predominantly caused by social alienation. Those marginalized groups at the bottom of the hierarchy feel abandoned by society so they turn to gangs for a sence of fulfillment, belonging and material security. Criminal gangs are consequence of the socio economic inequality caused by capitalism.

It wouldn't be a big problem under anarchism, Im not saying that it would disappear entirely but it would certainly be greatly reduced.

I really don't understand, isn't this like oxy? If their at the bottom of the system in Capitalism than when anarchy came no one would stop them from gaining total control unless they were killed. As i said before, their not just going to roll-over. And alot of gangs come because people become manipulated (Cults etc) and that will still happen under anarchy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Inkus2000
Admin
avatar

Posts : 284
Join date : 2008-07-04

PostSubject: Re: Public Enemy   Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:01 am

Rename wrote:
Inkus2000 wrote:
Gang membership is predominantly caused by social alienation. Those marginalized groups at the bottom of the hierarchy feel abandoned by society so they turn to gangs for a sence of fulfillment, belonging and material security. Criminal gangs are consequence of the socio economic inequality caused by capitalism.

It wouldn't be a big problem under anarchism, Im not saying that it would disappear entirely but it would certainly be greatly reduced.

I really don't understand, isn't this like oxy? If their at the bottom of the system in Capitalism than when anarchy came no one would stop them from gaining total control unless they were killed. As i said before, their not just going to roll-over. And alot of gangs come because people become manipulated (Cults etc) and that will still happen under anarchy.


No its not an oxy - it simple. Capitalism marginalizes certain sections of society due to concentration of power via capital control ''which is the root of social problems''. Under anarchism class tension and social alienation will no longer be problems, everyone will be self managed and given an equal share of social power. Consequently no one will feel that society hates them, that they are ''useless'' or ''inferior'' - so the need to create a sub-divided countercultures will eventually dissipate. In addition welfare will be a priority so no one will be forced into criminal activity for financial reasons, as is often the case. Criminal gangs are predominantly a result of the capitalist mode of organization.

Under Anarchism the need to be part of a gang would no longer exist.


Most people join gangs due to

- Low self esteem --- Gangs provide people with emotional protection and act as a family.

- Poverty --- Gangs provide people with material essentials, they often share what they attain like a commune.

- Social alienation --- Gangs make people feel like they belong in contrast to larger society which considers the underprivileged worthless and dangerous.

- Lack of education --- Gangs educate people how to survive on a basic level.



Gangs don't want to take over the world, they are for the most part sets of individuals trying to survive in very harsh conditions - conditions that would not exist with the proper social safety nets, they exist due to societies failings. Gangs will break up and be reincorporated into anarchist society as equal human beings.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
killuminati
Admin
avatar

Posts : 461
Join date : 2008-08-04
Age : 24
Location : RIGHT BEHIND YOU!

PostSubject: Re: Public Enemy   Sat Sep 06, 2008 3:22 pm

YOU DON'T SEE GANGS IN MALIBU FOR A REASON!

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rename
Counter-Revolutionary


Posts : 171
Join date : 2008-07-29

PostSubject: Re: Public Enemy   Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:17 pm

Inkus2000 wrote:
No its not an oxy - it simple. Capitalism marginalizes certain sections of society due to concentration of power via capital control ''which is the root of social problems''. Under anarchism class tension and social alienation will no longer be problems, everyone will be self managed and given an equal share of social power. Consequently no one will feel that society hates them, that they are ''useless'' or ''inferior'' - so the need to create a sub-divided countercultures will eventually dissipate. In addition welfare will be a priority so no one will be forced into criminal activity for financial reasons, as is often the case. Criminal gangs are predominantly a result of the capitalist mode of organization.

Under Anarchism the need to be part of a gang would no longer exist.


Most people join gangs due to

- Low self esteem --- Gangs provide people with emotional protection and act as a family.

- Poverty --- Gangs provide people with material essentials, they often share what they attain like a commune.

- Social alienation --- Gangs make people feel like they belong in contrast to larger society which considers the underprivileged worthless and dangerous.

- Lack of education --- Gangs educate people how to survive on a basic level.



Gangs don't want to take over the world, they are for the most part sets of individuals trying to survive in very harsh conditions - conditions that would not exist with the proper social safety nets, they exist due to societies failings. Gangs will break up and be reincorporated into anarchist society as equal human beings.

Well you cleared up one part, but that leads me to 2 more points.
As i stated before the Bloods and Crips fight because they hate each other..a government change is not going to make them not hate each other, sure some may leave, but that tension won't just go away. Like saying if a kid fights a kid for a girl, than the girl leaves, the two still are not in good terms. (Sorry for un-classy description Razz )

Cults? - Most Cults, as you know, are based on manipulation of religion/ideals. These cults have literally brainwashed alot of people (like conservatives) to a extension so high they won't just be like "hey, our government is changed so we don't need to leave our religious death cult." As a example, ill use satanism. They could literally sacrifice humans to Satan with no punishment because they would have numbers, and our guns are suppos to be put down.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cheveyo
Admin
avatar

Posts : 803
Join date : 2008-07-04
Location : The Divided Police State of Amerika

PostSubject: Re: Public Enemy   Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:40 pm

Rename wrote:
Under Anarchy...what would be done about the insane bloodthirsty Crips/Blood and the other gangs? obviously their not going to just stop because we said so.

Gangs are caused by the "competitive" 'kill or be killed' system that we live in. Gangs strive for more power, climbing up the ladder of hierarchy.

They don't kill each other because they think it's fun.

_________________

'Tis better to die on your feet than to live on your knees.
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible only make violent revolution inevitable"
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.MySpace.com/Carlos758 and www.AnarchistUnderground.co
Public Enemy

avatar

Posts : 64
Join date : 2008-07-15
Age : 31
Location : Phantom America

PostSubject: Re: Public Enemy   Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:40 pm

Gangs. To kill one man is to proclaim suicide. Either Rehabilitate, and if that fails, then lure and terminate.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cheveyo
Admin
avatar

Posts : 803
Join date : 2008-07-04
Location : The Divided Police State of Amerika

PostSubject: Re: Public Enemy   Sun Sep 14, 2008 4:35 pm

Public Enemy wrote:
Gangs. To kill one man is to proclaim suicide. Either Rehabilitate, and if that fails, then lure and terminate.

That would be if there WERE gangs in an anarchist society.. Refer to my and Inkus' posts.

_________________

'Tis better to die on your feet than to live on your knees.
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible only make violent revolution inevitable"
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.MySpace.com/Carlos758 and www.AnarchistUnderground.co
Public Enemy

avatar

Posts : 64
Join date : 2008-07-15
Age : 31
Location : Phantom America

PostSubject: Re: Public Enemy   Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:08 pm

Please don't try to defend the idea that, upon instant anarchist conversion, everyone would conform to reasonable logic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cheveyo
Admin
avatar

Posts : 803
Join date : 2008-07-04
Location : The Divided Police State of Amerika

PostSubject: Re: Public Enemy   Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:20 pm

Public Enemy wrote:
Please don't try to defend the idea that, upon instant anarchist conversion, everyone would conform to reasonable logic.

Never, ever thought that.

But gangs would be useless, there would be no hierarchical ladder of power to climb up.
Capitalism creates poverty, which 'forces' a lot of people to do certain things (steal, create gangs, etc).

_________________

'Tis better to die on your feet than to live on your knees.
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible only make violent revolution inevitable"
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.MySpace.com/Carlos758 and www.AnarchistUnderground.co
Rename
Counter-Revolutionary


Posts : 171
Join date : 2008-07-29

PostSubject: Re: Public Enemy   Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:42 pm

"Saying that just because political things change that will affect absolutely nothing."
I never said that if "political things change", gangs will cease to exist.

"If people hate each other, and we switch governments, their not going to still hate each other? (Bloods n Crips)"
Jeez.. Why do you think they hate each other? Because it's fun? NO. Because they're competition -- they're fighting to survive in this capitalistic society.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Inkus2000
Admin
avatar

Posts : 284
Join date : 2008-07-04

PostSubject: Re: Public Enemy   Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:48 am

I would appreciate it if you would stop ignoring our points

Ie - In an anarchist society the base causes of crime would be for the most part done away with. During the transition traces of the former regime may still exist - although they would be in constant decline. This is reason enough to proceed
with social transition. On the matter of dealing with the reducing remnants - Community councils would take care of security matters. Civilian guard duty would be both voluntary ''so as to eliminate institutionalized imposition of unwanted responsibility '' and on continuous rota so as to prevent corruption and any possible ''concentration of power''. - After all no use abusing your power if your victim will be in your shoes the following week. No law would exist - only the condition that you cannot exercise unwarranted authority over another individual. For example, if someone was attacked, guards would be allowed to subdue the transgression.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Public Enemy   

Back to top Go down
 
Public Enemy
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Public Arts Scam
» Petition for Full Public Enquiry
» Public Figures who have spoken against the McCanns
» Confessions of a Liberal Public Defender. A MUST READ.
» Baby Peter - Petition for Public Inquiry - Govt Response!

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Anarchist Underground :: Our World :: Debate-
Jump to: