HomeTestCalendarGalleryFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Sino Tibetan relations

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Inkus2000
Admin

PostSubject: Sino Tibetan relations   Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:26 pm

China has confirmed a top official held talks with envoys of the Dalai Lama, in its first statement on the two-day negotiations this week in Beijing.

What are your thoughts on Tibet and its current relationship with China ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
solpacvoicis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sino Tibetan relations   Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:29 pm

tibet was never a truly independent country, but it has always had a distinct culture, so....that's why its a complex relationship.

i think making it an autonomous region is the best solution - tibet gets cultural/religious freedom, is able to elect its own government to manage its own affairs, but foreign relations and defending it are jobs given to the chinese government.

that's my own personal belief, but in the end, its up to the people of tibet =D
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Inkus2000
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sino Tibetan relations   Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:10 pm

solpacvoicis wrote:
tibet was never a truly independent country, but it has always had a distinct culture, so....that's why its a complex relationship.

i think making it an autonomous region is the best solution - tibet gets cultural/religious freedom, is able to elect its own government to manage its own affairs, but foreign relations and defending it are jobs given to the chinese government.

that's my own personal belief, but in the end, its up to the people of tibet =D

I think China is a fascist police state as far as internal matters go - However the US gov is in NO position to critisize Chinese policy considering their no better - in fact much worse when it comes to their foreign policy as far as human rights and international law is concerned. China 'although a fascist police state' does have a better track record than the US with regards to external policy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
solpacvoicis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sino Tibetan relations   Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:15 pm

eh, they ARE reforming, though...they are trying to root out corruption by encouraging their people to point out corrupt officials....encouraging the establishment of grassroots democratic councils....

they have a LONG way to go, but i'll support any decision they make that helps the cause.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Inkus2000
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sino Tibetan relations   Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:50 pm

solpacvoicis wrote:
eh, they ARE reforming, though...they are trying to root out corruption by encouraging their people to point out corrupt officials....encouraging the establishment of grassroots democratic councils....

they have a LONG way to go, but i'll support any decision they make that helps the cause.

The Chinese communist party is split into two factions - the communist youthleage and the shanghi clique. The shangi clique are neo liberals - and hold huge sway within the party. The worst thing the CCP ever did was allow capitalists into the communist party - the move sparked huge conflict within the party, eventually the neo libs had their way - since 2003 thousands of buisnesmen have joined the party. - The merging of buisness and state means China is fast becoming a fascist nation, whereby the state ensures workers are 'kept in place' in the interests of the upper class.

Although i will say that in terms of external policy China generally respects international laws ect
Back to top Go down
View user profile
solpacvoicis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sino Tibetan relations   Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:06 pm

=/ that's not good....but maybe new communist youth league members will kick out the shanghai clique?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Inkus2000
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sino Tibetan relations   Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:11 pm

solpacvoicis wrote:
=/ that's not good....but maybe new communist youth league members will kick out the shanghai clique?

At the moment they have the upper hand - premier Hu Jintao and most of the politburo are from the youthleague however the tables could turn - the shanghi clique is very influential.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sino Tibetan relations   

Back to top Go down

Sino Tibetan relations
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1