The Anarchist Underground

Political movement
 
HomeTestCalendarGalleryFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Forced To Read Bible In English Class

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rename
Counter-Revolutionary


Posts : 171
Join date : 2008-07-29

PostSubject: Forced To Read Bible In English Class   Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:09 pm

This makes me very angry.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cheveyo
Admin
avatar

Posts : 803
Join date : 2008-07-04
Location : The Divided Police State of Amerika

PostSubject: Re: Forced To Read Bible In English Class   Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:39 am

If it's ONLY the Bible, that's fucked up. If you're studying religious literature, it's good because it represents a past writing style.

Still will happen under Obama's rule.

_________________

'Tis better to die on your feet than to live on your knees.
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible only make violent revolution inevitable"
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.MySpace.com/Carlos758 and www.AnarchistUnderground.co
god0fmusic
Admin


Posts : 182
Join date : 2008-07-09
Age : 26

PostSubject: Re: Forced To Read Bible In English Class   Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:27 pm

why are you forced to do this? rebel, thats what i did when i lived in Amerika, and keep in mind that i ran a high chance of getting deported living in Texas.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
killuminati
Admin
avatar

Posts : 461
Join date : 2008-08-04
Age : 23
Location : RIGHT BEHIND YOU!

PostSubject: Re: Forced To Read Bible In English Class   Sat Sep 20, 2008 7:26 pm

of course they'll make you read the most changed scriptures of them all

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cheveyo
Admin
avatar

Posts : 803
Join date : 2008-07-04
Location : The Divided Police State of Amerika

PostSubject: Re: Forced To Read Bible In English Class   Sat Sep 20, 2008 7:28 pm

Killuminati wrote:
of course they'll make you read the most changed scriptures of them all

Unfortunately, all of the scriptures currently IN the bible (now) are changed. There are plenty that were left out (that the church didn't like) and they may have been changed less.

_________________

'Tis better to die on your feet than to live on your knees.
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible only make violent revolution inevitable"
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.MySpace.com/Carlos758 and www.AnarchistUnderground.co
killuminati
Admin
avatar

Posts : 461
Join date : 2008-08-04
Age : 23
Location : RIGHT BEHIND YOU!

PostSubject: Re: Forced To Read Bible In English Class   Sat Sep 20, 2008 7:37 pm

I've studied into this only on Jesus account they just changed the words around for him and a little on the gospel...+ gave him new identity so the pagan worshippers will accept their new religion...actually Jesus christ is lucifer if you want the truth that's how badly christians changed his life

Isaiah 14: 12 How art thou fallen from heaven, (KJV) O Lucifer, F76 son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations! (NIV) 12 How you have fallen from heaven, O morning star, son of the dawn! You have been cast down to the earth, you who once laid low the nations!

God calls lucifer the morning star

the christians supposedly says jesus christ called himself the morning star

Revelation 22:16 I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and MORNING STAR


If God calls lucifer the morning star, why would Jesus christ call himself the morning star....unless....you can see where this leads too

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Public Enemy

avatar

Posts : 64
Join date : 2008-07-15
Age : 30
Location : Phantom America

PostSubject: Re: Forced To Read Bible In English Class   Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:56 am

What The fuck is wrong with reading the bible? I had to read every fucking religious text out there. I actually didn't even read the bible. Shit, i read the Vedas, Bahgvigad Vita, Quran, Siddartha Guatama, Rostifarian literature, the fucking greek shit, even Confucianist philosophies. I see nothing that should keep us from the bible. The only reason you would have for being intolerant of this specific religion is because of present day bastardizations of christianity. Mormans? Now that's just fucked up. Yet i wouldn't have a problem reading their religious codes. See, you just like to hate religion. You don't want to learn about it. You're mad about having to learn about it. You're scared of learning it. You're scared you might be wrong. YOU FEAR KNOWLEDGE!!!!!!!!!

No, but seriously, suck it up ass wipe, i don't complain about having non-christian influences on my learning. You scaredy cat pale
Back to top Go down
View user profile
solpacvoicis
Admin


Posts : 156
Join date : 2008-07-04

PostSubject: Re: Forced To Read Bible In English Class   Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:51 pm

holy fucking crap, shut the fuck up public enemy.

AND IF YOU SAY SOMETHING ABOUT CENSORESHIP, I HOPE YOU TAKE SERIOUS NOTE OF MY NOT DELETING ANY POSTS! Mad

sorry if you weren't going to, i'm just trying to cover my bases from pointless attacks...

look, rename, you can't avoid christian influences from society, its just not gonna happen, public enemy is right about that...you can't avoid all influences when learning ANYTHING

but public enemy, you don't need to attack him directly. remember that not everyone is like you and accepts religions. its okay, so long as he doesn't burn any churches.

also, there's nothing inherently wrong with mormonism, don't be a hypocrite Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Public Enemy

avatar

Posts : 64
Join date : 2008-07-15
Age : 30
Location : Phantom America

PostSubject: Re: Forced To Read Bible In English Class   Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:16 pm

but public enemy, you don't need to attack him directly. remember that not everyone is like you and accepts religions. its okay, so long as he doesn't burn any churches.

If you love god, you'll burn the church. Kudos if you can tell me where that's from.

also, there's nothing inherently wrong with mormonism, don't be a hypocrite

NO. IF you did ANY research, mormons wholly fuck the good reputation of christianity. They are so strict, it's like a mind rape on their children.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
solpacvoicis
Admin


Posts : 156
Join date : 2008-07-04

PostSubject: Re: Forced To Read Bible In English Class   Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:19 pm

*rolls eyes* really, it was an expression, not to be taken literally. might've been better phrased, though....how about "as long as he doesn't go on a serial killing spree of christians"? that sounds better?

parenting in the traditional sense of the word is mind rape, period.

that said, what are you going to do if someone grows up and wants to be a mormon? gonna discriminate against them like rename? that's more what i was talking about....

and shut up about the "good reputation of christianity", i'm so tired of hearing it - it was fucked over for the rest of the world during certain things called "the crusades" and "sending out missionaries to beat the good word into the 'savages'", etc., REGARDLESS of how wonderful christianity as a belief without the church might actually be - its not mormons fucking up that reputation, its fucked up beyond the ability to be fucked up any more
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cheveyo
Admin
avatar

Posts : 803
Join date : 2008-07-04
Location : The Divided Police State of Amerika

PostSubject: Re: Forced To Read Bible In English Class   Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:19 pm

Public Enemy wrote:
What The fuck is wrong with reading the bible? I had to read every fucking religious text out there. I actually didn't even read the bible. Shit, i read the Vedas, Bahgvigad Vita, Quran, Siddartha Guatama, Rostifarian literature, the fucking greek shit, even Confucianist philosophies. I see nothing that should keep us from the bible. The only reason you would have for being intolerant of this specific religion is because of present day bastardizations of christianity. Mormans? Now that's just fucked up. Yet i wouldn't have a problem reading their religious codes. See, you just like to hate religion. You don't want to learn about it. You're mad about having to learn about it. You're scared of learning it. You're scared you might be wrong. YOU FEAR KNOWLEDGE!!!!!!!!!

No, but seriously, suck it up ass wipe, i don't complain about having non-christian influences on my learning. You scaredy cat pale

Agreed.

This is why I refer to myself as "spiritual", rather than "religious". Also, I am not a Christian -- I follow certain Christian teachings, as well as other teachings. Good for you for reading all those religious texts, I was limited to Christian, Buddhist, Rastafarian and a few other religious texts and teachings.

_________________

'Tis better to die on your feet than to live on your knees.
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible only make violent revolution inevitable"
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.MySpace.com/Carlos758 and www.AnarchistUnderground.co
Tirith

avatar

Posts : 4
Join date : 2008-11-09
Age : 26

PostSubject: Re: Forced To Read Bible In English Class   Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:14 pm

Public Enemy wrote:
The only reason you would have for being intolerant of this specific religion is because of present day bastardizations of christianity. Mormans? Now that's just fucked up. Yet i wouldn't have a problem reading their religious codes. See, you just like to hate religion. You don't want to learn about it. You're mad about having to learn about it. You're scared of learning it. You're scared you might be wrong. YOU FEAR KNOWLEDGE!!!!!!!!!


Don't be a dick.

He's just saying he doesn't like the fact that children are being forced to read religious text at school and taught it as fact.

If anything, you're defeating your own statement by arguing with him. People should pursue religion on their own, not be taught in public, government mandated schools. I know many people who were raised Christian whose parents force them to go to bible-camps and studies before and after school. It's quite sad..they'll believe the most illogical bullshit when you bring up a legitimate fact to prove them wrong.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alek4a
Admin
avatar

Posts : 26
Join date : 2008-10-28
Age : 24
Location : amerikkka

PostSubject: Re: Forced To Read Bible In English Class   Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:38 pm

Public Enemy wrote:
What The fuck is wrong with reading the bible? I had to read every fucking religious text out there. I actually didn't even read the bible. Shit, i read the Vedas, Bahgvigad Vita, Quran, Siddartha Guatama, Rostifarian literature, the fucking greek shit, even Confucianist philosophies. I see nothing that should keep us from the bible. The only reason you would have for being intolerant of this specific religion is because of present day bastardizations of christianity. Mormans? Now that's just fucked up. Yet i wouldn't have a problem reading their religious codes. See, you just like to hate religion. You don't want to learn about it. You're mad about having to learn about it. You're scared of learning it. You're scared you might be wrong. YOU FEAR KNOWLEDGE!!!!!!!!!

No, but seriously, suck it up ass wipe, i don't complain about having non-christian influences on my learning. You scaredy cat pale

one of the main pillars of christianity is the demonazation of the pursuit of knowledge, so it is in fact YOU SIR who hates knowledge. if you truly pursued the truth you would have already arrived at nihlism but you are instead a spiritual weakling who cannot stand the prospect of living a purposless life. you are intellectually impotent and useless, you have latched onto a belief system derived from a piece of literuature that has been so perverted in thousands of years that it has exsisted that it is not likely historically acurate at all. but it doesnt really matter does it? you aren't looking for truth, YOU are looking for comfort...

public enemy is simply a child who never gave up on his imaginary friend and relentlessly defends its exsistance.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/alekfromarrakis
Cheveyo
Admin
avatar

Posts : 803
Join date : 2008-07-04
Location : The Divided Police State of Amerika

PostSubject: Re: Forced To Read Bible In English Class   Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:01 pm

Alek4a wrote:
Public Enemy wrote:
What The fuck is wrong with reading the bible? I had to read every fucking religious text out there. I actually didn't even read the bible. Shit, i read the Vedas, Bahgvigad Vita, Quran, Siddartha Guatama, Rostifarian literature, the fucking greek shit, even Confucianist philosophies. I see nothing that should keep us from the bible. The only reason you would have for being intolerant of this specific religion is because of present day bastardizations of christianity. Mormans? Now that's just fucked up. Yet i wouldn't have a problem reading their religious codes. See, you just like to hate religion. You don't want to learn about it. You're mad about having to learn about it. You're scared of learning it. You're scared you might be wrong. YOU FEAR KNOWLEDGE!!!!!!!!!

No, but seriously, suck it up ass wipe, i don't complain about having non-christian influences on my learning. You scaredy cat pale

one of the main pillars of christianity is the demonazation of the pursuit of knowledge, so it is in fact YOU SIR who hates knowledge. if you truly pursued the truth you would have already arrived at nihlism but you are instead a spiritual weakling who cannot stand the prospect of living a purposless life. you are intellectually impotent and useless, you have latched onto a belief system derived from a piece of literuature that has been so perverted in thousands of years that it has exsisted that it is not likely historically acurate at all. but it doesnt really matter does it? you aren't looking for truth, YOU are looking for comfort...

public enemy is simply a child who never gave up on his imaginary friend and relentlessly defends its exsistance.

In the defense of Public Enemy, you can still read religious text and be an anarchist. I consider myself an atheist, yet I am very spiritual and read much religious text. Do I take it as fact? Absolutely not. I learned form it.

_________________

'Tis better to die on your feet than to live on your knees.
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible only make violent revolution inevitable"
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.MySpace.com/Carlos758 and www.AnarchistUnderground.co
Inkus2000
Admin
avatar

Posts : 284
Join date : 2008-07-04

PostSubject: Re: Forced To Read Bible In English Class   Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:48 pm

Im against teaching children religion in a bias context ie. indoctrinating them into a specific faith. I do think children should learn about philosophy and religion from a neutral standpoint though.

The Bible makes for an entertaining read, I can never understand how a religion thats supposed to be based upon love and compassion can be founded on such a book. If anything I suppose you can always use the Bibles content to contradict the churches teaching, thats what I did in school

lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
killuminati
Admin
avatar

Posts : 461
Join date : 2008-08-04
Age : 23
Location : RIGHT BEHIND YOU!

PostSubject: Re: Forced To Read Bible In English Class   Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:12 pm

I believe they should teach both....I was a die-hard christian bible loving kid but I read the quran...and changed...I find it dumb when people say this is the best religion...without even trying others

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Forced To Read Bible In English Class   

Back to top Go down
 
Forced To Read Bible In English Class
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Chapter 6 - The Arrival Of The English Police
» The Bible According To Kids
» Married to an upper-class paedophile
» Kates Bible & Articles in the Files
» Texts from Files Originally in English

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Anarchist Underground :: Subversion in Society :: Religion and Spirituality-
Jump to: