HomeTestCalendarGalleryFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

RECREATE 68

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cheveyo
Admin

PostSubject: RECREATE 68   Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:58 pm

The title does not refer to the organization or the 1968 DNC -- it simply refers to the year, 1968.

"Younger generations soon began to rebel against the conservative norms of the time, as well as disassociate themselves from mainstream liberalism, in particular they turned away from the high levels of materialism which was so common during the era. This created a counter-culture that eventually turned into a social revolution throughout much of the western world. It began in the United States as a reaction against the conservative social norms and stasis of the 1950s, the political conservatism (and social repression) of the Cold War period, and the US government's extensive military intervention in Vietnam. The more social/cultural youth from the movement were called hippies. Together they created a new liberated stance for society, including the sexual revolution, questioning authority and government, and demanding more freedoms and rights for women, homosexuals, and minorities. The Underground Press, a wide-spread, eclectic collection of underground newspapers served as a unifying factor for the counterculture. The movement was marked by psychedelic music."

This excerpt is taken off of the 1960's wikipedia article and if you read it though, you will notice how RELEVANT IT SHOULD BE TO TODAY'S SOCIETY. "Cultural Marxism" was a good example of how individuals furthered the Marxist movement. LIVE YOUR PHILOSOPHY. If you are an anarchist, STOP BUYING FROM corporations.

For a while now, I am stopped buying. I have boycotted. Everything. Extreme? That's the point.
If product is not hand made (not in a factory), I do not buy it -- AT ALL.

Make the CULTURAL revolution part of the movement.

'Tis better to die on your feet than to live on your knees.
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible only make violent revolution inevitable"
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.MySpace.com/Carlos758 and www.AnarchistUnderground.co
Public Enemy

PostSubject: Re: RECREATE 68   Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:35 pm

I think it can be condensed into support local business and support the arts, and definitely outlawing personal motor vehicles
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cheveyo
Admin

PostSubject: Re: RECREATE 68   Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:39 pm

Public Enemy wrote:
I think it can be condensed into support local business and support the arts, and definitely outlawing personal motor vehicles

I will not support business in which the means of production is owned by the CEOs and bosses while the workers are payed like shit. It's not just chains that do this.
As an artist, I support the arts.. Even if everyone were to do this, I don't see how this would get food for every mouth.
Also, are you trying to reform the system into anarchy? Personal motor vehicles will never be 'outlawed'.

"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible only make violent revolution inevitable"
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.MySpace.com/Carlos758 and www.AnarchistUnderground.co
solpacvoicis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: RECREATE 68   Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:29 am

uhh, "personal motor vehicles" (i like calling them cars....) will become obsolete before they are outlawed, so that's unnecessary lol

the arts are great ^_^ and they can be used to spread the message, so.....an indirect way to get bread for every mouth, sure, but it can be used to convince the middle-income families who think everything is fine that everything is NOT fine....or something along those lines.

fuck local business. i hate the petit-bourgeois. there is far too much emphasis on them, especially in the u.s.....they have an entire "progressive period" named after their "reforms" -_- they are screwed, and there's nothing anyone should want to do about it, since they just want to be the one doing the screwing. local business wants to become big business.

now to respond to the first post lol. uhhh yeah, that's awesome, not buying anything from corporations or exploitative places, etc....

now what about working for said places? what about worker owned factories? is stealing from these corporations and exploitative places okay?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cheveyo
Admin

PostSubject: Re: RECREATE 68   Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:57 am

solpacvoicis wrote:

now to respond to the first post lol. uhhh yeah, that's awesome, not buying anything from corporations or exploitative places, etc....
now what about working for said places? what about worker owned factories? is stealing from these corporations and exploitative places okay?

I assume it would be perfectly fine to work at a democratically run, worker owned factory -- it's not like you see one every street, though.
I do see many steal for very justifiable reasons (not supporting horrible, disgusting, child slavery and exploitation), though I simply avoid getting too many things.

By not getting anything at all, I avoid the risk of being arrested (for stealing) and kind of endorse anti-consumerism. You can still be a consumer if you steal.

Back to top Go down
killuminati
Admin

PostSubject: Re: RECREATE 68   Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:27 pm

Well I'd have to agree with you here I honestly don't mind buying from local businesses but I always check where they get them if I'm forced to like some things you can't buy off the streets or different places....I don't buy shit made in taiwan, ESPECIALLY NOT CHINA OR AFRICA, if anything it has to be made in U.S. but I go by strict guidelines too. Like I said some things you need to buy from stores then that's when I do the above

PostSubject: Re: RECREATE 68   Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:41 am

Woah. I'm gone for a little bit and god-damn this.

Personal motor vehicles will never be 'outlawed'.
You can say this now, but when they are, i can wave my finger at you.

I will not support business in which the means of production is owned by the CEOs and bosses while the workers are payed like shit. It's not just chains that do this.
I do not support bigots who judge people based on their occupation. Do you realize the shit that these CEO's have to go through in an initial small business? They have to fucking feed themselves to the world for at least 20 years before they actually make a profit.

fuck local business. Fuck you.

i hate the petit-bourgeois. I hate elitists who don't try things they really haven't and then lie about it later.

there is far too much emphasis on them, especially in the u.s Now your just jealous that you lack the patience for your own.

they are screwed, and there's nothing anyone should want to do about it, since they just want to be the one doing the screwing. local business wants to become big business.
That's bullshit dude. They don't always get screwed, they don't intend to fuck anyone. Tell me how local taco-shop owners that want to support their family to have a better apartment and offer a alternative to Taco-bell are so trying to fuck you. No, you're too busy being fucked by these dumbasses who drilled the idea that EVERYONE in business is a greedy republican whore. In my home city, we have at least 50 local businesses, all of which contribute money to our local charter schools, which are hardly federally funded or regulated. But no, those local businesses just wanted to become the next walmart. Sure.......

By not getting anything at all, I avoid the risk of being arrested (for stealing) and kind of endorse anti-consumerism. You can still be a consumer if you steal.
Oh. Coward. I'll scan one of my local punk scene's pamphlets on stealing for you soon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
solpacvoicis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: RECREATE 68   Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:36 pm

Public Enemy wrote:
Personal motor vehicles will never be 'outlawed'.
You can say this now, but when they are, i can wave my finger at you.

who said this?

Public Enemy wrote:
I do not support bigots who judge people based on their occupation. Do you realize the shit that these CEO's have to go through in an initial small business? They have to fucking feed themselves to the world for at least 20 years before they actually make a profit.

who gives a shit? corporations and corporatism are at the heart of all the problems in the world. boo-hoo, they can't make a profit for twenty years. so what? a majority of people live their entire lives without "making a profit"

Public Enemy wrote:
i hate the petit-bourgeois. I hate elitists who don't try things they really haven't and then lie about it later.

i never lied about anything.

Public Enemy wrote:
there is far too much emphasis on them, especially in the u.s Now your just jealous that you lack the patience for your own.

my own...what?

Public Enemy wrote:
they are screwed, and there's nothing anyone should want to do about it, since they just want to be the one doing the screwing. local business wants to become big business.
That's bullshit dude. They don't always get screwed, they don't intend to fuck anyone. Tell me how local taco-shop owners that want to support their family to have a better apartment and offer a alternative to Taco-bell are so trying to fuck you. No, you're too busy being fucked by these dumbasses who drilled the idea that EVERYONE in business is a greedy republican whore. In my home city, we have at least 50 local businesses, all of which contribute money to our local charter schools, which are hardly federally funded or regulated. But no, those local businesses just wanted to become the next walmart. Sure.......

if local businesses weren't striving to become big businesses, THERE WOULDN'T BE BIG BUSINESS. congratulations on noting that some people can actually do good with local businesses - that ISN'T always the case, and you are a brain short if you believe that all local business is "for the community"

also, name your fifty businesses, it must be a big fucking city.

that said, why do you have to be such a douche to everyone? we aren't just the sons and daughters of rich motherfucking CEO's sitting around smoking pot while considering what might be nice for society, but never doing anything for it BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT IT SOUNDS LIKE WHEN YOU RESPOND LIKE YOU DID

i AM working on something: finishing my education. that INCLUDES seeing real people, and trying to address real problems - not just in some pseudo-life hypothesis - unfortunately, my town IS ONE GIGANTIC pseudo-life, and it costs money to go ANYWHERE, money my mom just doesn't have to give me

and don't just give me that "get a job" shit, because who the hell wants to hire a 16 year old anarchist that goes to school full-time during an economic crises?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Public Enemy

PostSubject: Re: RECREATE 68   Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:10 pm

that said, why do you have to be such a douche to everyone? we aren't just the sons and daughters of rich motherfucking CEO's sitting around smoking pot while considering what might be nice for society, but never doing anything for it BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT IT SOUNDS LIKE WHEN YOU RESPOND LIKE YOU DID

True, i did get that impression from most of you people.

i AM working on something: finishing my education.
If thats how fast you want to take life, i'll be seeing you doing nothing that matters. Your just far too busy, as you put it.

that INCLUDES seeing real people, and trying to address real problems -
Instead of anarchy. I know you haven't given it as much thought as you should.
not just in some pseudo-life hypothesis - unfortunately, my town IS ONE GIGANTIC pseudo-life
Hey! You are affected! And So You're Accepted!
, and it costs money to go ANYWHERE,
Don't be a lazy shit. Don't try to tell me you don't have a bus system.

and don't just give me that "get a job" shit, because who the hell wants to hire a 16 year old anarchist that goes to school full-time during an economic crises?
I was 15 when i got a job as a cashier at my local video game store. That was neat. Surely something that you could do, yes?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
solpacvoicis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: RECREATE 68   Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:14 pm

pronounce this with me: Me-tuh-chen. METUCHEN.

there is no video game store. there is no stores that want to hire teenagers that don't already have a million kids working there already (technically i could work there...for minimum wage...once a month....if i'm really, really, really lucky)

no, we have a bus system. it costs money, remember? and it doesn't go so many places.

now, you may be all for suddenly going off an bombing random buildings, or living a normal middle income life, i can't tell exactly what you are advising here: am i supposed to go off and live my life according to my ideals and not compromise at all or am i supposed to be a conscientious consumer?

me? accepted? the closest thing to bullying happens to me because i have different viewpoints than everyone else. oh well, i probably deserve it.

also, i'll have you know my dad is a bum racking up millions of dollars in debt with our rich relatives, while my mom works the job of a glorified secretary to feed, cloth, and buy that little extra thing now and then, only to come home pissed off and looking for a shouting match. no, not the bottom of society, but we aren't exactly living the big life, are we?

tell me, oh great one who knows all there is to know about anarchy, how you propose we all act?

or maybe you just want to be a big prick?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RECREATE 68   

Back to top Go down

RECREATE 68
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1