The Anarchist Underground

Political movement
 
HomeTestCalendarGalleryFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Brindelli is IN

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
JackBrindelli

avatar

Posts : 33
Join date : 2008-12-22
Age : 26
Location : Under Norfolk

PostSubject: Brindelli is IN   Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:01 pm

Hello to all the anarchists out there, I have recently been trying to find out about you guys, as there is a lot of mystery that surrounds your ideology, and I was keen to find out if any of the mythology was rooted in fact.
Thanks to god0fmusic on YouTube, who has been tirelessly answerring my moronic questions, I have ended up on this page.
I cannot claim myself to be an anarchist yet, however, once I get to know what you all stand for better, who knows how it may change me.
If you want to find out what I'm all for and against, visit my YouTube account: http://uk.youtube.com/JackBrindelli
where you will see boring videos like this:
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?feature=channel_page&v=JKZnCMwNLg8
that will tell you all you need to know.
Good luck and peace,
Jack Brindelli afro
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://uk.youtube.com/JackBrindelli
Cheveyo
Admin
avatar

Posts : 803
Join date : 2008-07-04
Location : The Divided Police State of Amerika

PostSubject: Re: Brindelli is IN   Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:06 pm

JackBrindelli wrote:
Hello to all the anarchists out there, I have recently been trying to find out about you guys, as there is a lot of mystery that surrounds your ideology, and I was keen to find out if any of the mythology was rooted in fact.
Thanks to god0fmusic on YouTube, who has been tirelessly answerring my moronic questions, I have ended up on this page.
I cannot claim myself to be an anarchist yet, however, once I get to know what you all stand for better, who knows how it may change me.
If you want to find out what I'm all for and against, visit my YouTube account: http://uk.youtube.com/JackBrindelli
where you will see boring videos like this:
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?feature=channel_page&v=JKZnCMwNLg8
that will tell you all you need to know.
Good luck and peace,
Jack Brindelli afro

Welcome, Jack. I checked out your YouTube account and I LOVE your background, I took the same test and I am one dot more libertarian (I am an anarcho communist, which is a branch of libertarian socialism). There are many branches of anarchism: anarchist communism, anarcho syndicalism, anarcho collectivism, post left anarchism, mutualism, etc.

I'm looking forward to what you have to contribute and if you need anything, ask!

Peace,
Carlos

_________________

'Tis better to die on your feet than to live on your knees.
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible only make violent revolution inevitable"
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.MySpace.com/Carlos758 and www.AnarchistUnderground.co
JackBrindelli

avatar

Posts : 33
Join date : 2008-12-22
Age : 26
Location : Under Norfolk

PostSubject: Re: Brindelli is IN   Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:23 pm

Cheveyo wrote:
I'm looking forward to what you have to contribute and if you need anything, ask!
actually yeh, anarcho communism strikes me as awfully similar to the end goal that marx once set, how would you seperate yourself from classic marxists?
also, one question i haven't had answerred yet, is how anarchism is ACTUALLY supposed to occur.
what kick starts events, violent revolution, or something else?
cheers,
jack
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://uk.youtube.com/JackBrindelli
Cheveyo
Admin
avatar

Posts : 803
Join date : 2008-07-04
Location : The Divided Police State of Amerika

PostSubject: Re: Brindelli is IN   Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:51 pm

JackBrindelli wrote:
Cheveyo wrote:
I'm looking forward to what you have to contribute and if you need anything, ask!
actually yeh, anarcho communism strikes me as awfully similar to the end goal that marx once set, how would you seperate yourself from classic marxists?
also, one question i haven't had answerred yet, is how anarchism is ACTUALLY supposed to occur.
what kick starts events, violent revolution, or something else?
cheers,
jack

Communism is a social or economic organization that promotes the establishment of an egalitarian, classless and STATELESS society (with no government, for government cannot co-exist with equality).

Marx (ironically) believed that this equality could be achieved by dictatorship of the proletariat. In other words, a worker's state where the workplace is organized democratically. There has NEVER been a communist country (because "communist country" is an oxy-moron, for the state does not exist in communism), and some argue that even Russia was only Marxist for a very short period of time.

Anarcho communists are even more leftist and believe that in order for equality to be achieved, no power should be held by any central figures and that everyone has equal say in what goes on. Anarchist communism surpasses democracy in the workforce and focuses on ALL aspects of life (especially hierarchy). The state would be abolished, governments, money, etc.

http://eng.anarchopedia.org/anarchist_communism -- it's a brilliant philosophy. The ONE thing I disagree with slightly is that everything should be owned communally -- I go one step further and believe that you don't have to own anything (an indigenous and buddhist teaching).

_________________

'Tis better to die on your feet than to live on your knees.
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible only make violent revolution inevitable"
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.MySpace.com/Carlos758 and www.AnarchistUnderground.co
Cheveyo
Admin
avatar

Posts : 803
Join date : 2008-07-04
Location : The Divided Police State of Amerika

PostSubject: Re: Brindelli is IN   Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:56 pm

Oh, and anarchism can occur MANY different ways. The below are only a few.

Through non-violent overpowering (for example, in factories) -- we are many, they are few. This takes a lot of education before hand.

Through violent insurrection. This takes a good propaganda campaign with guerrilla fighters.

Through example (starting an anarchist commune) while others follow. This can start one of the above things, too.

Through YOU -- I love this way. You simply demand liberation. You don't ask for it, you TAKE IT. You say I AM FREE and you live your life as if you are already free while capitalism is simply trying to put you where you were before. It sounds too simple, and maybe it is, but it's amazing. You need to have a freeing experience in order for you to understand..?


None of the above ways can work on its own, no one over said equality and liberation are easy.

_________________

'Tis better to die on your feet than to live on your knees.
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible only make violent revolution inevitable"
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.MySpace.com/Carlos758 and www.AnarchistUnderground.co
god0fmusic
Admin


Posts : 182
Join date : 2008-07-09
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: Brindelli is IN   Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:05 am

JackBrindelli wrote:

Thanks to god0fmusic on YouTube, who has been tirelessly answerring my moronic questions, I have ended up on this page.

moronic questions, lol. dont worry, you havent bugged me.

btw, what Cheveyo says i agree with. i call that the first phase of anarchism. he mentioned a few revolutionary methods, and i think that all of them should be used as often and intensely as possible.
he also mentioned buddhist and indigenous teachings which involve now owning anything. i think that some societies will adopt that kind of anarchism, and i would definately like to live in one of those. who knows, you might see that happen in south-east asia.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JackBrindelli

avatar

Posts : 33
Join date : 2008-12-22
Age : 26
Location : Under Norfolk

PostSubject: Re: Brindelli is IN   Wed Dec 24, 2008 4:38 pm

Cheveyo wrote:
Communism is a social or economic organization that promotes the establishment of an egalitarian, classless and STATELESS society (with no government, for government cannot co-exist with equality).
Marx (ironically) believed that this equality could be achieved by dictatorship of the proletariat. In other words, a worker's state where the workplace is organized democratically. There has NEVER been a communist country (because "communist country" is an oxy-moron, for the state does not exist in communism), and some argue that even Russia was only Marxist for a very short period of time.
Spot on, I'd be one of those people, Russia, China etc are not examples of true communism, they are only arguably even examples of state socialism (which is only questionably a form of socialism, according to some). Then again, in Marx's predictions somewhere like Russia wasn't ready for the revolution, as it was yet to industrialise.
Do anarcho-communists believe particular conditions have to exist within society before anarchism could ever occur? Or could it just happen so long as people have some kind of awareness?
Also, I shall now check out the link supplied, as I realise there may well be answers there too, cheers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://uk.youtube.com/JackBrindelli
JackBrindelli

avatar

Posts : 33
Join date : 2008-12-22
Age : 26
Location : Under Norfolk

PostSubject: Re: Brindelli is IN   Wed Dec 24, 2008 4:44 pm

god0fmusic wrote:

he also mentioned buddhist and indigenous teachings which involve now owning anything. i think that some societies will adopt that kind of anarchism, and i would definately like to live in one of those. who knows, you might see that happen in south-east asia.
can't blame you, would be nice to see something like that after all the tyranny China has been responsible for over it's neighbours like Burma.
mind you, wouldn't be bad to see the tyranny of the west overthrown and replaced with a new way of doing things either, NATO have been less than understanding in global affairs, the US and UK in particular.


Hey Jack

We basically believe that people need to awaken from the hegomony/ideology of the upper class before being able to reshape society. We essentially believe that everyone has an equal right to self determination and the best way to achieve this is via the democratic organization of society.

I think this quote sums us up nicely

'' Freedom without socialism is privilege and injustice - Socialism without freedom is slavery and brutality ''
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://uk.youtube.com/JackBrindelli
JackBrindelli

avatar

Posts : 33
Join date : 2008-12-22
Age : 26
Location : Under Norfolk

PostSubject: Re: Brindelli is IN   Wed Dec 24, 2008 4:49 pm

Quote :
[quote="Cheveyo"]Through YOU -- I love this way. You simply demand liberation. You don't ask for it, you TAKE IT. You say I AM FREE and you live your life as if you are already free while capitalism is simply trying to put you where you were before. It sounds too simple, and maybe it is, but it's amazing. You need to have a freeing experience in order for you to understand..?
yeh sounds like i do need an experience to understand it, how do you mean though, what was your experience, and aren't you still technically confined to conform to capitalism by basic need like the need to eat and drink and live in shelter? you must still buy stuff - i can't imagine they have broadband on a commune do they?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://uk.youtube.com/JackBrindelli
Inkus2000
Admin
avatar

Posts : 284
Join date : 2008-07-04

PostSubject: Re: Brindelli is IN   Thu Dec 25, 2008 2:29 pm

[quote="JackBrindelli"]
Quote :
Cheveyo wrote:
Through YOU -- I love this way. You simply demand liberation. You don't ask for it, you TAKE IT. You say I AM FREE and you live your life as if you are already free while capitalism is simply trying to put you where you were before. It sounds too simple, and maybe it is, but it's amazing. You need to have a freeing experience in order for you to understand..?
yeh sounds like i do need an experience to understand it, how do you mean though, what was your experience, and aren't you still technically confined to conform to capitalism by basic need like the need to eat and drink and live in shelter? you must still buy stuff - i can't imagine they have broadband on a commune do they?

Yes we are confined so long as capitalism is the system we must live under - we must ''due to necessity'' subjugate ourselves to the control of the capitalists and be exploited in order to eat, live and even work.

However we are ''aware'' of the reality of our situation unlike many others who passively accept the ideology of the upper class.

Our task is to awaken people to the conditions of their own lives - their subjugated station - the nature of domination and the social power relations which define/determine their very existence. Our task is to envision an alternative form of social organization - one which facilitates equality and liberty and work towards achieving that end.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JackBrindelli

avatar

Posts : 33
Join date : 2008-12-22
Age : 26
Location : Under Norfolk

PostSubject: Re: Brindelli is IN   Thu Dec 25, 2008 3:11 pm

Inkus2000 wrote:
Our task is to envision an alternative form of social organization - one which facilitates equality and liberty and work towards achieving that end.
so your another anarcho-communist? or am i completely misreading you?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://uk.youtube.com/JackBrindelli
Cheveyo
Admin
avatar

Posts : 803
Join date : 2008-07-04
Location : The Divided Police State of Amerika

PostSubject: Re: Brindelli is IN   Thu Dec 25, 2008 4:14 pm

JackBrindelli wrote:
Inkus2000 wrote:
Our task is to envision an alternative form of social organization - one which facilitates equality and liberty and work towards achieving that end.
so your another anarcho-communist? or am i completely misreading you?

He believes in a transition from anarcho syndicalism (a form of socialist anarchism) to anarchist communism. Most of us here (as well as most anarchists in general) are socialist anarchists.

_________________

'Tis better to die on your feet than to live on your knees.
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible only make violent revolution inevitable"
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.MySpace.com/Carlos758 and www.AnarchistUnderground.co
JackBrindelli

avatar

Posts : 33
Join date : 2008-12-22
Age : 26
Location : Under Norfolk

PostSubject: Re: Brindelli is IN   Fri Dec 26, 2008 6:57 pm

Quote :
[quote="Cheveyo"]He believes in a transition from anarcho syndicalism (a form of socialist anarchism) to anarchist communism. Most of us here (as well as most anarchists in general) are socialist anarchists.
syndacalism? is that where all workers own the factories and stuff like that? we haven't coverred any of this at college, but i heard it mentioned once.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://uk.youtube.com/JackBrindelli
Inkus2000
Admin
avatar

Posts : 284
Join date : 2008-07-04

PostSubject: Re: Brindelli is IN   Sat Dec 27, 2008 5:06 pm

[quote="JackBrindelli"]
Quote :
Cheveyo wrote:
He believes in a transition from anarcho syndicalism (a form of socialist anarchism) to anarchist communism. Most of us here (as well as most anarchists in general) are socialist anarchists.
syndacalism? is that where all workers own the factories and stuff like that? we haven't coverred any of this at college, but i heard it mentioned once.

Well anarchism/communism is worker control of the workplace in that all capital would be public and organized democratically. During the trasitiory phase of syndicalism money would still exist as means of exchange.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Brindelli is IN   

Back to top Go down
 
Brindelli is IN
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Anarchist Underground :: Anarchist Underground :: Introduce Yourself-
Jump to: