The Anarchist Underground

Political movement
 
HomeTestCalendarGalleryFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 youtube users...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
god0fmusic
Admin


Posts : 182
Join date : 2008-07-09
Age : 27

PostSubject: youtube users...   Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:15 pm

here's my new idea. it's quick and simple. type a few paragraphs about anarchism. just type things which could get people's attention and get them interested. ether that or write about something which is going on in the world and people dont know about, preferably something that will get people on their feet and ready to fight a revolution (im exagerating... for now). who knows, you could write about the Greek riots, or the corruption of the olympics, or about famous people who were close to anarchism (like Thomas Jefferson or Orwell).

so type something and start sending it to many people on youtube. in five minutes i managed to get something out to 14 people. imagine how much can be spread if everyone here took one hour off of one day to do this.
i suggest finding someone with a lot of friends, clicking on their friends list, and sending this to each person, then moving to other people, etc.
i personally went on the most viewed videos and clicked on the makers of the vids, then i started spreading my stuff.
write something creative, dont just copy and paste what i typed because then many of the same people are going to get the same messages.

here's what i wrote:

"take a few minutes to read (this is going to a lot of people, so don't feel special. it if for the purpose of opening people's minds a bit):

do you tend to associate anarchism with chaos? well, obviously you have been misled by the huge deal of propaganda brought to your home through that little apparatus called a "TV". anarchism used to be a very popular ideology in the US. in the early 1900s, about 1 million Americans were anarchists. after the Russian revolution, a lot of them became communists, and the ideology died there in Amerika. there were still some anarchists wondering around the country, so the movement started to rise up again and gained more and more potential. right now the movement is getting bigger and bigger, and it will come to play a big role in people's lives.

did you know that many anarchists have much respect for Thomas Jefferson? i like to call him the father of anarchism. you may say "but he was a president". yes, but anarchists don't oppose government, we oppose the state.

did you know that Spain was run efficiently by anarcho-communists (ideology of Peter Kropotkin) during the 30s? the workers became sick of the state and decided to run the workplace and the government through participatory democracy. productivity increased in an unexpected manner. unlike in the USSR, there was a great deal of individual freedom. George Orwell fought with the anarchists during the civil war, and after seeing the success of their system, he wrote the book "homage to Catalonia"

did you know that over 15000 workers in Argentina work in factories controlled completely by the workers? yes, in Argentina, a lot of workers decided that their bosses were paying them too little while the fat guy in his desk gets rich. so they decided to run the workplace with participatory democracy, and suddenly, the factories, schools, and hospitals under worker control are more productive than ever. the number of democratic workplaces is increasing day by day.

did you know that in Chiapas, Mexico, the workers are gaining more control than the current government? they (the Zapatistas) plan to establish a participatory democracy. the band Rage Against the Machines dedicated the song "the people of the sun" to the Zapatistas.

did you know that the republican Ron Paul is considered to be borderline anarchist? he is influenced by the anarchist Murray Rothbard, founder of the Austrian school of economics (anarcho captalism).

did you know that in Greece, over 700 schools have been taken over by the students? this is happening now, and the teachers seem to be quite happy with it.

type "anarchism" on wikipedia or contact me for more information."



i will make a list of topics, feel free to add:

-famous people who were related to anarchism
-examples of anarchist communities, workplaces, etc.
-the corruption of centralized institutions
-alienation and the mental health problems it creates (1/5 young americans suffer from some kind of psycological disorder like OCPD, manic-depression, depression, anxiety, etc. people in third world countries take less time to come out of a psychosis than people in first world countries).
-buddhist anarchism (or other religious anarchism)
-native traditions and anarchism
-anarcho-primitivist societies and their sense of community
-green anarchism (possibly social ecology and libertarian municipalism (Murray Bookchin))
-Squatters
-etc. (this is a good one)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cheveyo
Admin
avatar

Posts : 803
Join date : 2008-07-04
Location : The Divided Police State of Amerika

PostSubject: Re: youtube users...   Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:10 pm

I love everything here accept for the Ron Paul business. lol That and perhaps Jefferson as well.

By the way, anarchists oppose both the government and the state -- to govern is to apply political authority over. In the word "anarchist", "an" means the opposition o and "archos" mean rulers or hierARCHY. So we're against monARCHY, patriARCHY, etc.

_________________

'Tis better to die on your feet than to live on your knees.
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible only make violent revolution inevitable"
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.MySpace.com/Carlos758 and www.AnarchistUnderground.co
god0fmusic
Admin


Posts : 182
Join date : 2008-07-09
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: youtube users...   Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:47 am

well, participatory democracy is a form of governing, just a non-hierarchical one.
and btw, an-archism can also translate to no-master.

keep in mind that you wouldn't have a complete lack of hierarchy, you would jast have very little. hierarchies form naturally in nature and they're inevitable, the only thing one can do is regulate them.

and about Ron Paul, i personally dont like him because he's a conservative, but i dont necessarily oppose his ideas, except the ones on immigration. he is better than ether obama or mccain. he opposes the WTO and NAFTA.
and why do you not like Jefferson? if he were living in the modern world he would definately be an anarchist.

oh, and we could send messages about free schooling or unschooling. most youtube users are girls in their teens who listen to Jonnahs brothers. they definately need awakening.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cheveyo
Admin
avatar

Posts : 803
Join date : 2008-07-04
Location : The Divided Police State of Amerika

PostSubject: Re: youtube users...   Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:08 am

god0fmusic wrote:
well, participatory democracy is a form of governing, just a non-hierarchical one.
and btw, an-archism can also translate to no-master.

keep in mind that you wouldn't have a complete lack of hierarchy, you would jast have very little. hierarchies form naturally in nature and they're inevitable, the only thing one can do is regulate them.

and about Ron Paul, i personally dont like him because he's a conservative, but i dont necessarily oppose his ideas, except the ones on immigration. he is better than ether obama or mccain. he opposes the WTO and NAFTA.
and why do you not like Jefferson? if he were living in the modern world he would definately be an anarchist.

oh, and we could send messages about free schooling or unschooling. most youtube users are girls in their teens who listen to Jonnahs brothers. they definately need awakening.

No, representative "democracy" is hierarchical because the "representative" (no one can represent anyone else, everyone is different) has more say than the actual voter.

Ron Paul eats homeless children for breakfast.

_________________

'Tis better to die on your feet than to live on your knees.
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible only make violent revolution inevitable"
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.MySpace.com/Carlos758 and www.AnarchistUnderground.co
god0fmusic
Admin


Posts : 182
Join date : 2008-07-09
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: youtube users...   Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:47 am

Cheveyo wrote:

No, representative "democracy" is hierarchical because the "representative" (no one can represent anyone else, everyone is different) has more say than the actual voter.

Ron Paul eats homeless children for breakfast.

i was talking about participatory democracy, like that used in Spain in the 30s.
ron paul is still better than obama i think. he's more honest, which explains why he's not president. obama is under the control of the corporations and his political buddies.

btw, i've send that message to 113 people already, and that's only because im going very slowly. when i was going fast i did like 10 people in 5 minutes. do you want the list of people? lol, i wrote each one of them down in alphabetical order so as to not send the message to the same person twice.
i need help though, because just one message is not going to completely awaken people. if they get messages from other people about different things (related to anarchism), they will become more curious and pissed at the system.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
god0fmusic
Admin


Posts : 182
Join date : 2008-07-09
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: youtube users...   Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:00 am

i have already sent this message to over 250 people. more people need to join in. just 10 minutes a day can really make a change. if all together we can reach about 5000 people, it would be really great. if at least 20% of these people can become aware of the fact that there is an anarchist movement in motion which seeks to solve all of the problems in politics and economy, it would be a great success. just think about it, 500 more people who are a little more aware than the majority and who know that there are political movements beyond mainstream politics.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cheveyo
Admin
avatar

Posts : 803
Join date : 2008-07-04
Location : The Divided Police State of Amerika

PostSubject: Re: youtube users...   Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:55 pm

god0fmusic wrote:
i have already sent this message to over 250 people. more people need to join in. just 10 minutes a day can really make a change. if all together we can reach about 5000 people, it would be really great. if at least 20% of these people can become aware of the fact that there is an anarchist movement in motion which seeks to solve all of the problems in politics and economy, it would be a great success. just think about it, 500 more people who are a little more aware than the majority and who know that there are political movements beyond mainstream politics.

Wait, woah.. This is actually going faster than I thought. Now instead of just targeting random people, target politically motivated people. A lot of anarchists I know now used to be Democrats.

_________________

'Tis better to die on your feet than to live on your knees.
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible only make violent revolution inevitable"
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.MySpace.com/Carlos758 and www.AnarchistUnderground.co
god0fmusic
Admin


Posts : 182
Join date : 2008-07-09
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: youtube users...   Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:08 am

Cheveyo wrote:

Wait, woah.. This is actually going faster than I thought. Now instead of just targeting random people, target politically motivated people. A lot of anarchists I know now used to be Democrats.

yea, i quit writing people down like i used to so i am going a lot faster. i do one person in about 30 seconds. that's 30 people in about 15 minutes.
i think i already sent this message to over 300 people.

so democrats eh? i'll do that. im sending this to people who are subscribed to Jonasbrothersmusik because they tend to be young (13-25). im going to look for big rap and hip-hop channels because i know a lot of black people would be willing to become anarchists only if they knew what it was. they tend to be in lower classes and are quite opressed. they are the ones who are more willing than anyone to liberate themselves.
i'll look for pages where there are many democrats also.

do you know why republicans win? they have the personal information of every republican, so they go house to house and convince them to vote. because of this there are more republicans who vote, and therefore they win.
what if anarchists did something simmilar?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cheveyo
Admin
avatar

Posts : 803
Join date : 2008-07-04
Location : The Divided Police State of Amerika

PostSubject: Re: youtube users...   Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:52 am

god0fmusic wrote:
Cheveyo wrote:

Wait, woah.. This is actually going faster than I thought. Now instead of just targeting random people, target politically motivated people. A lot of anarchists I know now used to be Democrats.

yea, i quit writing people down like i used to so i am going a lot faster. i do one person in about 30 seconds. that's 30 people in about 15 minutes.
i think i already sent this message to over 300 people.

so democrats eh? i'll do that. im sending this to people who are subscribed to Jonasbrothersmusik because they tend to be young (13-25). im going to look for big rap and hip-hop channels because i know a lot of black people would be willing to become anarchists only if they knew what it was. they tend to be in lower classes and are quite opressed. they are the ones who are more willing than anyone to liberate themselves.
i'll look for pages where there are many democrats also.

do you know why republicans win? they have the personal information of every republican, so they go house to house and convince them to vote. because of this there are more republicans who vote, and therefore they win.
what if anarchists did something simmilar?

"im sending this to people who are subscribed to Jonasbrothersmusik"
What. The Fuck. Wasted time. I'm not joking. What the fuck. What? What?!?

_________________

'Tis better to die on your feet than to live on your knees.
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible only make violent revolution inevitable"
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.MySpace.com/Carlos758 and www.AnarchistUnderground.co
god0fmusic
Admin


Posts : 182
Join date : 2008-07-09
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: youtube users...   Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:04 am

Cheveyo wrote:

"im sending this to people who are subscribed to Jonasbrothersmusik"
What. The Fuck. Wasted time. I'm not joking. What the fuck. What? What?!?

those people are young and maleable. they are the ones who have no fucking clue as to what politics is. they only believe what their parents say. they need to realize that there is something else out there. once there is a revolution going, they will remember "holy shit, those are anarchists? i remember that message this one guy sent me on anarchism... maybe it was true after all".
dont worry, i will send it to many different people, from the most ignorant to those who have a great capacity for opening their minds. but you have to help out man, i cant start a revolution by myself. there is only so much i can do.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackened



Posts : 6
Join date : 2013-07-23

PostSubject: Re: youtube users...   Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:03 am

If you're focusing heavily on young people with an interest in music then possibly target people who listen to genres with Anarchist bands? Metal for bands like Arch Enemy for example. I found out about Anarchism through Arch Enemy. Just an idea.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: youtube users...   

Back to top Go down
 
youtube users...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Facebook enables facial recognition setting without warning users
» Danie Krugel on Youtube
» How to post a YouTube Video correctly
» Met Police Madeleine McCann Appeal - Youtube video
» Dear Kate & Gerry (YouTube)

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Anarchist Underground :: The Revolutionary Sphere :: Revolutionary Thoughts-
Jump to: