HomeTestCalendarGalleryFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

st johns wort

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
god0fmusic
Admin

PostSubject: st johns wort   Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:40 pm

has anyone ever used this herb? i've found it growing native here where i live in spain. there is a lot of it everywhere, and every few days i take a long walk to a forest nearby and collect some. i started using it a few days ago, and i've noticed a mild euphorant and tranquilizing effect. i dont plan on using it three times a day like you are supposed to in order to get the full effect, but i plan on giving it a try for about a week.
im also trying to cultivate it just for fun, since i like having a lot of plants.

so has anyone ever used it?

for those of you who have no clue what im talking about, here is a link to the wikipedia article:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypericum_perforatum
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cheveyo
Admin

PostSubject: Re: st johns wort   Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:54 pm

god0fmusic wrote:
has anyone ever used this herb? i've found it growing native here where i live in spain. there is a lot of it everywhere, and every few days i take a long walk to a forest nearby and collect some. i started using it a few days ago, and i've noticed a mild euphorant and tranquilizing effect. i dont plan on using it three times a day like you are supposed to in order to get the full effect, but i plan on giving it a try for about a week.
im also trying to cultivate it just for fun, since i like having a lot of plants.

for those of you who have no clue what im talking about, here is a link to the wikipedia article:

I've heard of it -- t's a mild though natural anti-depressant (which I would naturally trust more than the pharmaceutical ones).

'Tis better to die on your feet than to live on your knees.
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible only make violent revolution inevitable"
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.MySpace.com/Carlos758 and www.AnarchistUnderground.co
god0fmusic
Admin

PostSubject: Re: st johns wort   Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:18 pm

KenCat wrote:

I've heard of it -- t's a mild though natural anti-depressant (which I would naturally trust more than the pharmaceutical ones).

which is good for me since i feel a little depressed at night (which i usually manage to get out of by reasoning through the feeling (this has taken me much practice)), and i have serious attention issues, which this herb seems to ease up.
so far im liking the herb. i just took some not long ago and im feeling quite well, but i have mild heartburn. do you know how to get rid of that? i drank some water, since it neutralizes stomach acids, but its not working.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dawowcow
Admin

PostSubject: Re: st johns wort   Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:21 pm

god0fmusic wrote:

Some downsides are that it can harm many of your skin cells, making you more prone to sunburn, worts, and pimples. After being taken for a while, it can produce cataracts :\
It also lowers sperm count, that was something interesting xD

Admin

PostSubject: Re: st johns wort   Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:26 pm

dawowcow wrote:
god0fmusic wrote:

Some downsides are that it can harm many of your skin cells, making you more prone to sunburn, worts, and pimples. After being taken for a while, it can produce cataracts :\

Let the sperm count be lowered! lol
And it affects the skin cells while it is in effect.

"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible only make violent revolution inevitable"
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.MySpace.com/Carlos758 and www.AnarchistUnderground.co
Inkus2000
Admin

PostSubject: Re: st johns wort   Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:53 pm

We grow that in our garden - anyone know how to extract the sweet sweet chemicals which lie within ?

Also - If any of you young chemists know how to make MDMA let me know Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
god0fmusic
Admin

PostSubject: Re: st johns wort   Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:04 pm

dawowcow wrote:

i've heard about the skin cell deal, but i've also heard that you are fine if you dont get exposed to the sun much, and i dont. i go running in the late afternoon and come back at night. the rest of the time im in my room studying.
i've also heard about the cataracts. supposedly some chemical reacts with light and creates free radicals which eliminate certain proteines from cells, and this produces cataracts, right? i've heard that this happens in mice, but there are no reported cases of humans suffering from this.
i dont care about the spermcount deal.

and about the heartburn, that went away actually. it just happened a few times, but i took it yesterday night and this morning and it didnt do anything.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
god0fmusic
Admin

PostSubject: Re: st johns wort   Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:08 pm

Inkus2000 wrote:
We grow that in our garden - anyone know how to extract the sweet sweet chemicals which lie within ?

Also - If any of you young chemists know how to make MDMA let me know Very Happy

i dont know how to extract the chemicals, i just grab about a gram of the herb and eat it. if you make a tea out of it everything is extracted anyways i think, so i dont think eating the leaves raw will hurt.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cheveyo
Admin

PostSubject: Re: st johns wort   Sat Jul 19, 2008 7:19 pm

god0fmusic wrote:
i dont know how to extract the chemicals, i just grab about a gram of the herb and eat it. if you make a tea out of it everything is extracted anyways i think, so i dont think eating the leaves raw will hurt.

Not necessarily, some compounds are not water soluble.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: st johns wort   

Back to top Go down

st johns wort
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1